Hurst Rethink is a group of volunteers who have come together to drive sustainable change in the villages of Hurstpierpoint and Sayers Common.
We are an independent sub-group of HKD Transition. Membership is open to anyone or any organisation, living or located in Hurstpierpoint and the surrounding area, interested in helping us to achieve our aims of making our community more sustainable.
Members are encouraged to:
- reduce their carbon footprint, with the help of the group
- pledge to reduce it via the West Sussex Carbon Pledge.
- join one of our action groups to actively participate in our plans
- volunteer to join in with any Hurst Rethink activities that they are interested in
- encourage others to try and live more sustainably
- lobby local and national government on environmental and community issues.
Links With Other Groups
Lucy Bennett – Chair & Biodiversity Group Leader
I live in Keymer with my husband and two boys. After a career making documentary and educational films I changed direction and now produce live and online events. I am interested in building connections between people and places and am a strong believer that small acts, when multiplied, can have great effect.
Charlotte Wilson – Secretary & Green Consumer Group Leader
I moved to Hurstpierpoint in 2014 with my husband and twin daughters. My background is in digital marketing. I attended my first Climate Change march in 2019 and during the pandemic found myself increasingly drawn to climate action. I decided to focus my energy on local initiatives and trying to make the village more sustainable. I co-founded Hurst Rethink in late 2020.
We have a committee of five members who meet once a month to progress our work and agree a set of actions:
- Anna Carmichael
- Bec Hanley
- Georgina Judd
- Kate Shanahan
- Kirstin Gaymer
If you’d like to find out more about what we do or join us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org